Codorus Furnace

Codorus Furnace Order A Print

The Codorus Furnace, located along the Codorus Creek near the Susquehanna River, once supplied ammunition to the colonists fighting for independence during the American Revolution. Built in 1765, this structure is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Of note, the furnace was once owned by James Smith, a signer of the Declaration of Independence who is now buried at First Presbyterian Church.

Back to Geographic Channel Back to Architectural Channel

2002 by Scott D. Butcher


Virtual York Geographic Channel Architectural Channel
History Channel Discovery Channel About Us Bibliography
Library Feedback Order Form YorkLinks Home