Historical Society Museum

Historical Society Building • Order A Print

The building which houses the York County Heritage Trust was built in 1921 as the J. W. Richley Auto Company. Today, the structure is better known as the Historical Society Museum, housing over 10,000 sq. ft. of exhibitions. The original checkered showroom floor is still present, as is a beautiful two-story entrance hall. This Colonial Revival building features a formal, balanced faηade, door and roofline pediments, and flat arches with keystones over the windows.

Back to Geographic Channel • Back to Architectural Channel

© 2002 by Scott D. Butcher


Virtual York • Geographic Channel • Architectural Channel
History Channel • Discovery Channel • About Us • Bibliography
Library • Feedback • Order Form • YorkLinks Home