|Constructed in 1762, the William Willis
House is on the National Register of Historic
Places. Mr. Willis
was a Friend (Quaker), who was involved with the construction of
the Friends Meeting House and the first
York County Courthouse.
This English Colonial home is noteworthy for its double
chimneys, symmetrical design, and steeply-pitched gable
was also a stop along the Underground Railroad.
to Geographic Channel • Back
to Architectural Channel
© 2002 by Scott D. Butcher